Hey friend! As we enter the last month of summer, I have some exciting updates to share with you.
- I redesigned my website! 🥳 After 4 years of neglecting my site I finally updated it with new branding and illustration work. Check it out and if you happen to come across any bugs or broken links please lmk! 🙏
- I’m releasing new stationary and accessories on my online shop next Friday (9/1). 🛍 As a newsletter subscriber, you'll get first dibs but you can also opt in for a reminder on IG.
- I wrote a 3 month reflection since quitting my job on my blog. ✍️ It includes highlights and lessons learned and I hope this helps anyone struggling through work burnout or looking to pursue their own thing. And if you don’t mind, give it a share!
Alrighty, now let’s get into my 5 things inspiring me this month.
1. ARTIST: Jack Soren
Jack is a muralist and fine artist from Oahu. I discovered his colorful surf-inspired murals while living in Hawaii and have admired all of the collabs he’s done with Vans, Threadwallets, and Slowtide. He also has a great interview with Nick Kuchar on his creative journey here.
2. BOOK: Linchpin by Seth Godin
I’m a huge fan of Seth Godin and finally got my hands on his book Linchpin. It’s an inspiring book on how to make yourself indispensable in any work setting through creativity and generosity. And if you haven’t read it already, his other book This is Marketing is amazing too.
3. EVENTS: Long Beach Walls
Long Beach Walls (prev. Pow Wow Long Beach) is a week-long mural festival that partners with local businesses and international artists to beautify the city and build community. Its parent organization, World Wide Walls, has been around hosting events in cities like Tokyo, Honolulu, and Seoul since 2010.
4. PODCAST: Copywriting Tips with Jenna Rainey
While working on my website redesign, I did a lot of research on copyrighting and SEO. Jenna Rainey is the queen of SEO (and watercolor!) and she has a great podcast episode covering things like key word research and brand voice.
5. VIDEO: Crochet by Genna
I discovered Genna on IG and went down the Youtube rabbit hole and watched all her content. She makes (and sells) THE cutest crochet plushies while sharing insightful small business tips. Everything she crochets is so adorable, it’s inspiring me to make more cute things.
Thanks for reading! If you'd like to support my art practice further you can...